1. After 14 days of booking, if a deposit payment of 20% is requested it cannot be cancelled and must be paid even if the event is subsequently cancelled. The deposit in this case acts as compensation for “loss of work” from us turning work away from your date and the VAT will be refunded. If a deposit has not initially been requested but the date is subsequently cancelled, a 20% cancellation fee is still payable as compensation for cancellations up to 8 weeks before the date.
2. Amendments and cancellations must be made in writing to the office. Answer phone messages are not accepted through the need for verification of identity. Cancellation fees are at the discretion of Knockout Challenge Ltd.
3. All fees are plus VAT at the current rate. Cancellation fees do not incur VAT and any payments already paid that included VAT will be credited this amount.
4. a) If the Customer cancels the contract 4 to 8 weeks before the event date then 50% of the total fee is payable. For cancellations made less than 4 weeks before the event date the full fee is payable (minus vat and any expenses saved by us).
b) If the performance date is subsequently changed to a later one, any “fee” or “balance of fee” is still due on the original date, it is only the performance date that changes. If within 8 weeks of the performance date the date is changed to a later one, at that instance the cancellation fee is now the full amount.
c) If the customer changes the performance date within 8 weeks of the event, the deposit on the original date is lost and a new deposit must be paid. The old deposit then acts as compensation for lost work turned away from the original date.
5. The customer agrees to download all legal / H&S information / publicity aids and team forms from the password part of our website. Some information acts as advisory on conditions needed for us to best supply our service. If provisions in this literature has not made and the standard of the show is affected, then no penalty shall be incurred.
6. Prices quoted are for payment as “cheque on the day” or BACS before the day. Additional terms incur an Invoice Fee of £50.00 + vat for 30 days terms and for over 30 days terms £100.00 + vat. Late payments incur a daily interest at multiplication 0.00022 (8% apr equivalent) as per The Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998.
7. There is no obligation to accept any deviation to the performance times stated in agreements. However, conditions on the day allow negotiated and mutual agreement to minor changes. Any extra performance or extra teams taking part over that stated other than has been agreed will incur an extra charge.
8. To comply with the Health & Safety at Work Act, CDM and HSG regulations our equipment vehicles, which are Showman’s vehicles as defined by government act must have access and parking to the edge of the intended games area. This relates to unloading, laying out, constructing of the games and powering them during use. Also as well to the reverse on dismantle Our equipment is heavy, bulky and sometimes difficult to manoeuvre. Any restriction to “edge of the games area” access will result in the changing of scale of games provided and its extreme could cancel the event completely with the relevant cancellation fees.
9. An adequate water supply (e.g. a hose pipe) must be arranged by the client to the edge of the intended games area available upon our arrival at the venue. The providing or usage of any promised games by Knockout Challenge may be affected if water is not available to the edge of the games area. If water for wet games is unavailable on the day, or not laid onto the games area no penalty shall be made against Knockout Challenge Ltd if dry games or dry versions of games are run instead.
10. The Customer is responsible for the behaviour of persons attending, either as invited guests or not. Knockout Challenge Ltd reserves the right to exclude any person(s) from the arena/games for safety purposes (their own and others), this includes bad behaviour or condition because of alcohol or drugs. No penalty should be incurred if performance is suspended, affected or ceased because of this.
11. If the number of competitors and/or teams increases more than the contracted amount a surcharge may be added of £60.00 + vat per team of up to ten people.
12. The length of performance is an estimation and could alter if there are less or more teams taking part, the ground condition and the weather on the day (resulting in the games being run in a different manor) and if the teams take longer/shorter than estimated to negotiate the games.
13. Evening events. Adequate floodlighting as defined by HSG195 must be supplied if games times and/or our own packing up time transpires into darkness hours (from dusk minus one hour). We have a duty of care to participants and our own staff. If lighting isn’t arranged, the latest games finish time is dusk minus 90 minutes.
14. Adverse weather may mean that we have to substitute suitable games for the conditions or delay the games times.
15. Over 16 years competitors must sign our ‘Team Entry Form’ (disclaimer). Clauses are the following points,
I accept full responsibility for my use of any and all equipment and facilities operated by the Knockout Challenge at my own risk and shall not hold The Knockout Challenge, its employees or agents liable for any and all loss, claim, injury, damage, or liability sustained by me resulting therefrom, except as a result of any negligent act or omission of The Knockout Challenge or its employees or agents. I accept that the activities that will be offered could be strenuous and demanding and that good health and a degree of fitness level is required.
1. Anyone under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs will be excluded from the games without question.
2. Previous medical problems must be made known to Knockout Challenge prior to the commencement of the competition.
Particularly broken bones and dislocations. Knockout Challenge may exclude entrants they feel are not suitable to take part in.
3. Games must be carried out as demonstrated/explained only. Participants should only compete to a level which safely matches their own ability and not over stretch themselves where they may affect their own or others safety.
4. It is a fun games, and as such bad behaviour or bad sportsmanship is not allowed. Anyone who’s behaviour is considered disruptive or dangerous to the games or other participants will be asked to leave.
5. Suitable foot wear such as “trainers” should be worn at all times, no bare feet.
6. WET GAMES. Some games may include the use of water and/or bubbles. Participants must take extra care on games that have wet surfaces so that they do not slip. This includes games that have become wet because of inclement weather conditions.
7. Entrants 14 years and younger will be placed in their own teams. Children can only participate with their parent or guardians consent.
8. Any injuries that occur during the games must be reported to a member of Knockout Challenge staff.
9. Only those that have signed this Entry Form and are willing to comply will be allowed to participate.
10. Participants of the games give their consent to being photographed or videoed whilst taking part in the games. This may be used for publicity purposes by Knockout Challenge Limited.
To use our online booking form please click Online Booking Form.
You will be redirected to our “EmailMe Form” page.